Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck 鴨, Turtle 龜, Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Negativity

I cannot pretend everything is perfect all the time when it isn't... I know my post yesterday was a little negative. Do not get me wrong, family and friends, I love being in China. However, everyone has good days and bad days. Yesterday just so happened to be a bad day. Just so you know- I do not love living in Wuhan. I would like it a lot more if I had a friend here with me. I am not a solo kind of girl. I have lived the majority of my life dependent on those around me. I have never spent time alone. Ever... this was a huge reason why I wanted to make the move to China. I know, I could have just lived on my own in Virginia but I was not in the position to be able to do that financially or emotionally. I know I am only in Wuhan for a few weeks by myself and some of you may think I should be able to handle that just fine... but the thing is, it is hard to be all alone every day for a month. I wish I could come on here and tell you all that everything here is perfect every single day but that would be a lie. I am glad that I made the decision to come here. I know it will be (and already has been) life changing. I can feel myself growing every single day. I can feel myself becoming more independent. I know that when I return to the states I will be a new person and I will be the kind of person who is stronger and more willing to try new things. But the point is-- some times I will have bad days. And guess what? I will blog about those bad days...

Today was a so-so day. I did what I said I would do yesterday... I pulled myself up and out of bed. I showered and blow dried my hair for the first time in a week. Well, I have showered more than once in a week but I usually just leave my hair wet and don't give a hoot about what I look like. Today I put on make up and cute clothes and hailed a taxi out to Hankou. I went to the mall and spent a little zījīn at H&M. I went to Starbucks for a Vanilla Latte and I perused the shops for a few hours. I ate dinner at Pizza Hut. I ordered lasagna! Basically, I had the most American day that I could possibly have here in Wuhan. I really needed it... I came back home and dropped off my new purchases and then headed for the supermarket. I bought a few snacks and drinks and then sat outside for a few minutes to watch some street performers.



Kids learning how to roller blade! There are a group of young guys who teach them every afternoon.

I had an okay day. It felt good to eat familiar food and do some shopping. I am going to make myself perk up a little because I do not want to spend my weeks here in misery.

Some new things are coming to my blog soon... so be advised!

Mandarin lesson:
Wánměi de 完美的 (perfect) Xíng 行 (okay)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!