Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Meteoroligist Chelsie Pait Gale Clementine*

reporting for duty.

*I thought I would need to change my name... You know, pick out a good TV personality name. Gale Clementine- well, it just seemed right.

The past few days in Beijing have been a little hazy. The sky has been thick. The sun has been hiding. The air has been far beyond freezing frickin cold and the layers have been piling on. Much to my (gleeful) surprise, Theresa and I woke up to a beautiful, snowy day out here in the Middle Kingdom. 



The 10-day forecast shows four more days of snow in our future. Perhaps my calendar will be updated with the next snowfall.


Our first snow day in Beijing is being spent in the cozy, warm confines of our office at work. T is snuggled into her pink, rolley chair reading a war story on her Nook. I am humming carols quietly in my head (It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...). When I am not thinking about the fact that is is 23 degrees outside (and thus frigid in our heat-free apartment) I am absolutely giddy with the joy that 'tis the season!

No classes today means things may get a little jolly around here...



Mandarin lesson:
Xuě 雪 (snow) Qìxiàng xué jiā 气象学家 (meteorologist)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!