Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Look! Prehistoric tennis shoes!


Last week while Theresa played on the computer I was busy flipping through one of our many Beijing tourist books. I came across the Beijing Museum of Natural History and read that there were dinosaurs and dissected human bodies on exhibit. I knew this was the perfect place for me.

The scariest part must have been all of the unnecessary mutilation occurring right before our eyes. There were ostrich egg-stealing-monkeys, hungry lions, angry T-Rexes... It was a very graphic day, indeed.




Animals in China are portrayed a lot angrier than in America. Everywhere we looked there were animals ripping each other apart. Even though they didn't seem to be peaceful exhibits, the museum was pretty cool. It wasn't the Smithsonian but it was a good time had by all.

We made it to the bottom level for the shock of my museum-visiting life... Dead people. Dead women. Dead men. Dead babies. Brains, stomachs, intestines, hearts, genitals, lungs, and more. It was a gruesome sight. I am not going to lie- it made me feel a little ill. But, it was also super cool.

Get to the exhibit by following:

Sperm. Yes, sperm. Just follow it on through.

Cozy inside of a womb.

Preserved dead man

Brain
And because I know you have really been missing my fabulous video diaries... Here ya go:


Enjoy :)

Mandarin lesson:
Kǒnglóng 恐龙 (dinosaur)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!