Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas in Beijing

First off, no, I will not be seeing what Christmas actually looks like in Beijing. Considering I will be coming home for Christmas (in approximately 29 days, but who's counting?) I will not see the capital on actual Christmas. However, last night as Theresa and I rode the bus home from work we passed by some pretty bright lights resembling a Christmas tree just outside of our mall. Once we got closer we realized the lights were actually a snowman inside of a tree with the topper "Lucky Christmas" twirling on the head of the tree/snowman. I hope this is only the first of many signs of the season to be seen.



We have our fingers crossed that we will come across Santa somewhere in this city so we can sit on his lap and ask him for some gifts.

Speaking of holidays... Thanksgiving is only four days away. I am pretty bummed to be spending my first Thanksgiving away from home. Theresa and I have reservations at a restaurant in the Marriott. We are also taking the day off work to celebrate the holiday. I can't wait to eat lots of turkey! I am also hoping for sweet potatoes and home-made rolls. If they could be teleported here from my grandparent's kitchen that would be nice, too.

Mandarin lesson:
Gǎn'ēn jié 感恩节 (Thanksgiving Day) Shèngdàn jié 圣诞节 (Christmas Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!