Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Friday, November 25, 2011

It's Turkey Time!

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. First - my family who has supported me through this crazy adventure called life. Thank you for being here for me even when we are so far away. Second - my new friend, Theresa. This girl has for real been a life saver in this country and is the most perfect roommate. I lucked out in getting T to experience this with. Third - my best friend, Jessi, who is always here for me to talk to, complain to, cry to, laugh with, and then some. And fourth - my experience. Even though not every moment is filled with glee, I am so lucky to have been given this opportunity. China has changed my life, my outlook, my perspective. The people here are so loving and accepting. I have really been blessed this year (so of course, thanks be to God who makes this all possible).

Theresa and I celebrated Thanksgiving (yesterday since we are in the future here) by taking the day off work just to hang out. We slept in a little and watched some movies. We got in a workout and did our grocery shopping. I drank the most delicious Gingerbread Cookie Latte at Costa Coffee. After spending the day together we journeyed out to the Renaissance Hotel for a delicious evening dinner. I overate for sure and stuffed myself to the brim. My dessert plate literally overflowed and my smile was just as grande. It was so great being in a room full of Americans again. We listened in on conversations and even had a small one with the diners next to us. We took many trips to the buffet and thoroughly enjoyed our American-style Thanksgiving. Here are some pictures (mostly of food):

Turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes, corn, bread, ribs

Delicious pumpkin soup!

Creme brulee, berry cake, pumpkin pie? (not great), brownie/cupcake, berry stuff

Two very satisfied laowais!
Mandarin lesson:
Tǔ'ěrqí 土耳其 (turkey) Nánguā 南瓜 (pumpkin) Mǎlíngshǔ 马铃薯 (potato)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!