Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Counting down and working out

Theresa and I are only three days away from our very first vacation in China. See, my desktop countdown doesn't lie:

For all of my fellow Twihards, please note the 55 days until Breaking Dawn part 1
So you may remember that a few weeks ago (when Mom and Tina were here) Theresa and I joined a gym. We have been trying to work out pretty consistently. Thankfully I have T has a roommate or I would never willingly exercise. She has been whooping my butt into shape by doing Insanity at home and weights and more cardio at the gym. I am lucky to have such a good (and free) personal trainer. Last night, Theresa and I decided to take our first class at Le Wellness. We went for an aerobics class but realized that our schedule was wrong and ended up taking a Salsa class. Now, I have taken many different classes at gyms in Roanoke. I have been in pilates, yoga, body pump, cycling, body jam, and more. All of these classes give you a great workout and leave me in a decent amount of pain the next day. Well Salsa at Le Wellness also gave me a great workout and I am certainly experiencing a decent amount of pain... but I was also left with an enthusiasm for gym classes that I have never had before. Our instructor was amazing. First of all, we saw her taking the body sculpting right before teaching Salsa so just the fact that she is that hardcore is awesome. Second of all, she exhibited a level of energy never-before-seen by me in a gym class. I was actually able to follow along with the moves (even if I did feel a little silly) and I thoroughly enjoyed myself the whole time. After warming up and doing 3 or 4 different routines she came off her teaching podium and onto the floor with us. She had us all dance in a circle and move to the center and back out. She had us moving and grooving while following her around the circle. Then at the end she had people go in the middle to show off their skills. There were a few men in the class and one was very impressed with his dancing abilities, that's for sure. He came complete with a dorky hat and break-dancing moves. One of the girls got pretty up-close and personal with the instructor and some of our classmates while she grinded down on the dance floor. I was laughing almost the whole time and I really loved the class. I am hoping that working out can be fun more times than not.

Mandarin lesson:
Wǔdǎo 舞蹈 (dance) Jiànshēnfáng 健身房 (gym) Hàn 汗 (sweat)

2 comments:

  1. Tina and I observed the class and saw a lady attendee in a black tutu. I nicknamed her 'the black swan' I think she aspires to teach the course herself. Actually she was really good but a little scary (ha ha). Was she there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Black Swan was definitely in class with us... sans tutu, tough. But I know exactly who you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!