Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy birthday to me!

So I celebrated my birthday a few days ago and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was a little strange having a birthday away from my "at home" friends and family, but I think I adjusted rather well. I started the day off receiving cute little cards laying on my bed that my roomie secretly made me at work one day. The start of work was just like any other day here at Romp n Roll. T and I taught our morning classes and then ate lunch. A while after lunch I was called into the music room to check on the plant situation that had been driving my crazy. I walked in to a fabulous rendition of "Happy Birthday" being played on the keyboard by a coworker and all of my colleagues singing to me. It was really sweet. Theresa even caught it on video:



I was obviously excited about my party =) I made a wish and blew out my candles and enjoyed the time with my Chinese family and friends. Some of the girls gave me cute little presents and handmade cards. It was seriously sweet.

Echo and Peter brought me a crown and a blueberry cheesecake!

All of my wonderful coworkers!!! (Well it looks like we were missing Esa on this day)

I made T take a birthday photo with me. I am going to continue wearing my crown on occasion... You know, just to get respect.
After work, Theresa took me out on a lovely date to an Italian restaurant and then a blue's bar. Our dinner was delicious. I had gnocchi and mushroom risotto. We walked next door to the bar and I enjoyed a cocktail. The music was awesome. I was shocked by the voice of one of the singers. I absolutely loved her. We will definitely be going back for the live entertainment one day.


So basically I had a wonderful birthday in China! I am happy to work with such great people and have an awesome roomie.

Mandarin lesson:
Méng nà lì shā 蒙娜丽莎 (Mona Lisa)
**Go to Theresa's blog to see the reasoning behind our word today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!