Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Have a rest

Many of you already know that I have been a little under the weather for the past few days. Well, really, since coming to Wuhan... I was pretty bummed to spend my first "weekend" off work just sleeping and blowing my nose. I decided last night I would attempt to fall asleep at a more reasonable hour and then make my triumphant return to society this morning. I ended up sleeping through my alarm clock and woke up with about 5 minutes to get ready and head out the door. I went inside the market to find some breakfast but the breakfast pizza man was not there. Instead I bought I juice and decided I would have to muster up the willpower to hold out on eating until lunch. I power walked to work and got there right on time. When I stumbled into the office Candy asked me how my weekend went and if I did anything fun. I told her I had spent the past two days bundled up in my pajamas with a box of tissues and a few DVDs. Being the wonderful assistant that she is, Candy promptly took me to the pharmacy for some medicine to rid my body of this horrible cold. We picked up some medicine and headed back to the office. Candy informed Mr. O that I was sick and I needed to have a good rest today. We set up the gym and did a little art prep. I read half of a new book, Reshaping It All, and I ate a delicious lunch prepared by Snow's mother-in-law. Candy told me after lunch that I needed to go home and have a rest. I assured her that I would be fine to stay at work but she told me not to be ridiculous and to head home because I would not feel better if I did not rest. I thought it best to listen to her so I prepared myself to leave work early. As I was leaving I was noticing how I was not the only one who needed a rest, apparently. Everyone in the office was spending their lunch break by resting all over the building. One was asleep on Rompy in the art room. One was on the trapeze mat. Two were in the music room. One was on the couch in a playroom... I stopped counting my sleeping coworkers and decided that I would not feel too bad for going home and "having a rest." So here I am... I laid down for about an hour and now I really don't know what to do. Perhaps I will do some dusting.

Mandarin lesson:
Wǒ yǒu yīgè lěng. 有一个 (I have a cold.)

1 comment:

  1. How sweet to be treated so well by an employer. Wow! America could take note.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!