Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

One month anniversary and Wuhan

So today marks one month that I have been in China. It is hard to believe that it has already been so long. Anna, Theresa, and I celebrated/said goodbye last night at Lu Qin's and it was uber delicious. Our adventure to the restaurant, however, was not so much fun. We took Line 10 to Line 4 and then to Line 1. We realized after getting on Line 1 that we should have gotten on Line 2. We thought, "Oh well, we will catch a taxi!" So we walked out at Tiananmen East and attempted to hail a cab. Attempted being the key word here. It was raining. We had only one umbrella. The traffic was being majorly controlled and our attempts at getting in a taxi failed miserably. I did, however, get to see the back side of Tiananmen Square and The Forbidden City. It was kind of a preview for what is to come when I get back home to Beijing. We walked back to the subway and took Line 1 to Line 2 and then got off at Qianmen. We power walked to the quaint hutong and finally made it to the world-famous, duck restaurant. The hike, rain, and subway transfers were worth it once I could eat some yummy duck tortilla roll things... yes, that is the technical term. I made it back home pretty late for my final night in Beijing and still had to finish packing. I ended up staying away until 1 AM and then had to get up at 4:45 to meet Luyin and go to the airport.

My flight to Wuhan was not bad at all. I guess after the 13 hours to Beijing I would consider myself a much more relaxed flier. I ate the "breakfast" that was offered and napped the rest of the way. I even slept through the landing... Once I made it out of the airport with my bags and found Mr. O, my first impression of Wuhan would have to be HOT. And by hot, I am mean, sticky, wet, sweaty, humid, heat, furnace. Pretty bad. The area is beautiful, though. There are so many trees and there are a lot more historic buildings around. The traffic also did not seem as bad as in Beijing. I will talk more about the differences in a later post... I just wanted you all to know that I am safe and sound in the city I will call home for the next three weeks.

Mandarin lesson:
Guōtiē锅贴 (fried dumpling)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. Glad to know you arrived and are getting settled. Can't wait to hear about Wuhan I hear it is a major transportation hub. You know me and my logistics. Sounds cool though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!