Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

As promised

Things I am NOT looking forward to in China:
  1. Squat toilets- There is nothing inside of my newly-found, adventurous self that wants to use a squat toilet. I never thought I would have to think that I may not have a "westernized toilet" in my own home. Shoot, I never even thought that there were people who didn't have a "westernized toilet" in there homes. As far as I have always been concerned there was only one kind of toilet in this world and I had already come across that one kind. Can you even imagine this:














    being my life??? Quite honestly even I cannot believe it.

  2. The food- There's really no part of Chinese cuisine that I am looking forward to eating. I have no desire to eat scorpion or ox stomach or toads or cow esophagus. Really? People eat these things?!? WHY!!! And I, being the very picky eater that I am, cannot even fathom eating anything like this:












    Who enjoys that? Really? Who? What even is that?

  3. The flight- I am already scared of flying as it is. Now I will spend an entire day on a plane? Like... literally... the WHOLE day. What about claustrophobia? I've never used an airplane toilet before. But I guess if I am going to be experiencing all kinds of new toilets I will consider myself blessed while I am peeing on the airplane. What does one do on a plane for 20 hours? You can only watch so many movies...
Moral of the story- If, heaven forbid, I do not have a real toilet in my home I will attempt to hold it until I go to work every day. At least I will build some new muscles in my thighs. McDonald's may be my new favorite restaurant. I will probably never be scared to fly again. These are all good things.

Mandarin lesson:
Cèsuǒ (toilet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!