Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Beijing/Wuhan

China.

Lots of cities, towns, provinces, people.

It was official that I would be placed in Wuhan with a friend of mine. Well, that friend of mine is no longer going to be moving with me to China and now some plans have changed. I will still be leaving for China next month. Luyin bought my plane ticket last night! ((More on my flight plans later))

Now, instead of staying in Wuhan for the majority of my trip, I will hopefully only be there for a month or two tops. I will still be in Beijing for training for about a month and then I will fly out to Wuhan until August. I will go back to work in Beijing for the (probably) remainder of my time in China.

I will be rooming with another new Romp 'N Roller that I met at orientation last week. I am unsure if she will be with me in Wuhan for that small amount of time or not. Either way, I am happy to know we will be together in Beijing!

Flight:
Washington, Dulles to Toronto
Toronto to Beijing
I depart on Monday, May 16 at 12:32 pm and I arrive in Beijing on Tuesday, May 17 at 6:40 pm. Yes... that is an uncomfortably long flight. In coach.

Excitement level: HIGH
Anxiety level: OUTRAGEOUSLY HIGH
Readiness: LOW

My goal for the Spring Break week is to pack, pack, pack. I would like to have that pretty much done and I would like to have gone to the eye doctor and I will be going to D.C. on Thursday for my Visa. Oh, and I need to return a pair of pants I bought at Old Navy for China. They are itchy. Why? Lots to do.

Mandarin lesson:
Huánghūn: Pòxiǎo (Twilight: Breaking Dawn)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that your traveling partner isn't going with you now. Glad you met someone else that will be there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!