Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Check

To do list:
Visa




















Well, there's one big thing marked off in my adorable, owl notebook. Whew. Nick and I went to DC today for my Visa. It took all day. For real. The whole day. We did have about an hour and a half for lunch. We went to the zoo and spent about 45 minutes running from exhibit to exhibit. I was a fan of the lions. We didn't get to the see pandas... I am pretty bummed. Maybe I can find some in the woods of China? Probably pretty safe to go panda sighting.


















I met the nicest man while waiting in line to pick up my Visa. He was from Harbin, China which is most well-known by the Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival every year. Basically, it is so cold there that they can just build huge ice sculptures in the city's square and people from all over come to view them.

If this man was a representative of the other people in China then I am feeling very positive about the general nature of the country's people. I'm not sure if I've ever met anyone nicer than him.

Mandarin lesson:
Nánzǐ (man)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!