Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Holy crap! I'm moving to China next month

Why?
When I decided I wanted to be a teacher I knew I wanted to teach overseas. I always envisioned myself teaching in Africa; however, an opportunity to go to China came up and I decided to take it. Of course I would still love to teach in Africa as well. Being a world traveler was kind of something I thought I wouldn't be able to do. It's expensive. I'm scared of flying. I am overflowing with anxiety. These things won't hold me back anymore. This experience will change my life and it is an opportunity that I am not willing to let pass me by.

What?
I will be an instructor at a Romp 'N Roll center in Wuhan. I will be teaching English, music, art, and gym. I will talk more about job specifics in a later post.

When?
I am set to leave on May 15 which is about 4 and half weeks away. I interviewed and got the job on April 1 (which made it difficult to prove it wasn't an April Fool's joke). My contract runs until June 14, 2012. I will be there for 13 months.

Where?
I will spend my first month training in Beijing and then it is off to Wuhan! Luyin (my boss) wants to open 100 centers across China in the next 10 years. So I am hoping to have the opportunity to visit many other cities in China and throughout Asia.

As I learn more information I will post for all of you to read! I will definitely keep you updated with pictures and I will make sure to share every (or most every) piece of my journey with you. Feel free to follow my blog and leave comments! I won't have a cell phone while I am gone so it will be easiest to contact me on here or by email!

Mandarin lesson:
Zàijiàn (goodbye)

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap my daughter is moving to China next month!

    Thanks for setting up this blog ~ I will view morning and night :o)

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!