Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Things to do in Beijing

I'm sure there will be plenty of things for me to do in the largest city in the world... but just in case you wanted a list:

Hiking on The Great Wall
















Obviously you cannot be in Beijing and not go to The Great Wall. This may be the one thing that I want to do above all else. The history behind some of these things astonishes me. America is certainly historic, but nothing like it will be in China. The oldest thing her is like 400 and The Great Wall started being built in the 5th Century and was not completed until the 16th Century.

Shopping at The Silk Market
















This is where I will hone into my bargaining skills. Bring on the knock-off, designer bags! I cannot wait for this part of my journey. Anyone who knows me knows that shopping is basically my only hobby.

Visiting The Forbidden City
















What used to serve as the home of emperors in China, is now a museum honoring the palaces and dynasties of China.

Marveling at The Bird's Nest












Visiting the site of the 2008 Summer Olympics will be pretty cool. I mean, just look at this stadium!

16 more days until I see Beijing for myself.

Mandarin lesson:
Tù (rabbit)

1 comment:

  1. I want to come and see all this stuff ~ it looks so exciting. I better start saving now for my visit. Of course, the opportunity to see you again will so out-weight all of this (but these sites do look really cool)! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!