Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Looking forward to...

1. No tipping- Tipping isn't expected in China. How awesome is that? When thinking about going out to dinner I get to just eat and not worry about trying to do the 20% math conversions on money that I don't even totally understand the conversion rate of.

2. Bargaining- I've been told to to start bargaining at a fourth or even an eighth of the asking price. Then settle around a third. I am going to come home with many fabulous finds. Purses, clothes, trinkets... shopping is what I do.

3. Spitting- Wait, what? Yeah... Chinese people believe it is unhealthy to swallow their spit so they just halk big loogies right on the street, grass, sidewalk, neighbor's shoes... Why would I look forward to this? Well, I'm really not okay with the thought of getting spit on me (I will try to avoid that) but I am excited about being able to just spit wherever I'm at and have that be okay.

Maybe later I will talk about what I am not looking forward to.

Mandarin lesson:
Tài guì le (too expensive)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!