Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Hey, why didn't I think of that?

When I made the decision to move to China I never thought of the possibility that maybe I would not like it.
I thought that living in another country would be fun all the time. I thought that working with people who did not speak my language would be a great learning experience. I thought that teaching children while playing sounded like the best of both worlds.

I thought that Skype conversations home would be enough to keep me satisfied.



I thought that it would be easy to meet people and have new experiences every day. I thought that learning how business operated in a new country would be exciting and fun.

I thought that it would be alright to make friends while knowing that one day I will have to say zai jian.



I thought that my opinion would matter. I thought that I would get used to my new life and would quickly accept it as reality.

I thought that riding on the subway was just a way to travel to another part of the city.


I thought that the drama would stay on my other continent. I thought that I could not be happy alone. I thought that all children wore private-covering clothes. I thought that my singing voice was equivalent to a dying cow. I thought that exercise was the enemy.

Can you figure out which things I thought right and which I thought wrong?

I thought that surviving without knowing the language would be easy.

Today I learned how to give a taxi driver directions to my work.

Mandarin lesson:
Wo yao chu Rui Chuang Guo Ji. Ni bu zhidao ma? Ok- Wo yao chu Wang Jing bei lu. (I want to go to Rui Chuang International Center. You do not no it? Ok- I want to go to Wang Jing bei lu. (My bus stop)).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!