Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Friday, August 19, 2011

You know what I feel like?

I feel all the time like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Theresa and I had a roomie date night and went to see Cat on a Hot Tin Roof last night. I read the play my freshman year of college but I had not seen the movie. We took the bus (which took an insanely long time) out to Sanlitun. Then we used Theresa's little map that she had drawn out for us and we found our way to The Bookworm. We took our seats on cushions on the floor of the bookstore's roof and settled in for the viewing. We ordered some seriously delicious food. T ate a burger and I had a turkey and goat cheese panini. The movie was awesome. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the way people were laughing and clapping during the good parts. It was really cool to just lay out on the roof of a book store with a bunch of people watching a classic 50's movie.



Two nights ago we stayed in and made Reese's rice krispie treats. Read Theresa's blog for all of the yummy details. It has been really great finally having a roommate. We have been planning things to do during work this week. We are getting very excited for our upcoming trip to Inner Mongolia. We are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of my mom and her friend, Tina. We will probably be spending the night in again tonight... snuggled on the couch to a movie and the rest of our delicious treats.

I still miss home but I miss it a lot less now that I have a roommate. I feel like I can finally start having the fun time that I wanted when I signed up for this experience. It really does make a difference having someone to do fun things with.

Mandarin lesson:
Hen hao chi 很好食品 (delicious)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!