Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I wasn't lying

I really just don't have much to blog about. But I did force myself up and out the door yesterday. Even if I did end up coming home to a 99 degree temperature which continued to rise through the night =(

Before leaving the house, I snapped a fab picture of myself with the cutest part of the apartment: The amazing yellow wall, of course! Check out the fact that my hair is straightened and I have on makeup! Oh, oh, oh and a semiplucked my eyebrows! Ooh la la!



















I decided to get a pedicure at Yashow Market and then do a little bit of gift buying for my family. I am pretty pleased with my nail color. I chose purple, the usual.




















After a bit of retail therapy and meandering through the aisles of the bargain market, I grabbed a Starbucks and walked around outside for a bit. I watched the kids playing in the fountains again. Apparently there are lights that make the water look like cool colors at night!

























I also walked through Bar Street since everyone is always talking about it. Considering my camera sucks at night the pictures are not so spectacular. But I swear the street was actually very cool.




















So I ended up with three days off work since I have been feeling a bit under the weather. My temp is totally back to normal but my throat seriously hurts. I am a little worried that I may have strep. That does not exactly sound like the kind of China adventure that I want to have right now. But honestly, it seems about to par with how things are going for me as of late.

I have been a little bummed. I am trying not to be but it's hard when you're lonely. Theresa will be back in 12 days and I cannot wait for her arrival. We already have a dumpling dinner planned for her big welcome back to Beijing. We will be going to Inner Mongolia in 25 days and my mom will be here in 31 days. And in case you were wondering, I still have 316 days left on my contract. Holy cow. I will have to make a coming home for Christmas countdown soon. Once I know the date there will be a gadget added to my desktop.

Maybe I will actually have something to blog about soon? I may try again tomorrow. Good night/ good morning world, depending on where you are reading from.

Mandarin lesson:
Hóulóng (throat)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!