Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck 鴨, Turtle 龜, Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Today I am not a foreigner

I woke up this morning and ate Fruity Pebbles for breakfast. I did laundry and the dishes. I facebooked, emailed, and laughed at Adam Sandler.I had gouda cheese with crackers for an afternoon snack. I went to the mall. I bought KFC for dinner and ordered in English (even though they had no idea what I was saying). I watched Harry Potter 7 part 1 (because I am seeing part 2 tomorrow). I lounged around on the couch. I didn't use a bit of my new language that I am learning.

Today I decided I was not going to be a foreigner. I decided I just wanted to pretend to be home for just a few moments. Being lonely is something I am sad to be getting used to. I am down to only one week before my roomie gets back from Wuhan. I have stuck it out for this long... just a little more to go.

Mandarin lesson:
Shǒuyè (home) Shēngbìng (sick) Xiǎng jiā (homesick)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!