Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Today I am not a foreigner

I woke up this morning and ate Fruity Pebbles for breakfast. I did laundry and the dishes. I facebooked, emailed, and laughed at Adam Sandler.I had gouda cheese with crackers for an afternoon snack. I went to the mall. I bought KFC for dinner and ordered in English (even though they had no idea what I was saying). I watched Harry Potter 7 part 1 (because I am seeing part 2 tomorrow). I lounged around on the couch. I didn't use a bit of my new language that I am learning.

Today I decided I was not going to be a foreigner. I decided I just wanted to pretend to be home for just a few moments. Being lonely is something I am sad to be getting used to. I am down to only one week before my roomie gets back from Wuhan. I have stuck it out for this long... just a little more to go.

Mandarin lesson:
Shǒuyè (home) Shēngbìng (sick) Xiǎng jiā (homesick)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!