Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chuckles from children

always have me smiling =)

After morning classes today Candy and I spent our usual 30 minutes playing with the kids who stay behind after class. Thursday is a day when pretty much every student is a member. Classes pretty much run smoothly and the parents are all interested. I have grown to really appreciate many of the adults that come to class. In the morning it is mostly grandmothers and in the afternoon it is mixed between just mom or mom and dad. The involvement that families take in their children's education is unparalleled to anything I have witnessed in America. It is truly a whole nother world over here.

One of my favorites (am I allowed to have favorites?) was running around the gym after class today. I decided to go in and visit with him and his grandma. The only words I have ever heard grandma speak to me are, "xiexie laoshi," and, "laoshi hao." Meaning thank you, teacher and good teacher. These are words that I enjoy hearing. Chuen Chuen, the adorably round-faced little boy with the heartbreaking smile, is her only grandchild. Seriously, even when this kid is screaming crying he is unequivocally precious. Because this week is Going Buggy week at Romp N Roll, we have fake flowers placed around the gym. Chuen Chuen found a stuffed red rose and brought it to me and sealed the deal with a peck on the cheek. I am pretty sure he is a one-year-old and I am pretty sure I wished he were my boyfriend. He ran a few circles around me while I grabbed him and tickled him to the ground. His laugh is the sweetest thing in the whole world. It will literally bring tears to your eyes. After our tickle-fest he curled up next to me and we pretended to nap. I started fake snoring and he echoed my snorts.

It's not possible for me to actually be totally in love with working in Wuhan is it? I absolutely love working at this center. It is a shame that I pretty much despise the city that it is in. At least work is something I look forward to every day.

Mandarin lesson:
Ài 爱 (love) Wěn 吻 (kiss) Nán péngyǒu 男朋友 (boyfriend)

1 comment:

  1. first of all, good Chinese words. I'm hoping they will come in handy for you ;) also, it is always okay to have favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!