Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Did you know Inner Mongolia

is in China and not in fact in Mongolia? Who would've thunk it? In case you do not believe me, feast with your own eyes this map of China's provinces:

Do you see the large, yellow province on the top of China? Apparently that is Inner Mongolia. How could it be called "inner" when it is on the border of Mongolia? Asia... you continue to boggle my mind.

Why all this talk about Inner Mongolia you may be wondering? Theresa and I are thinking of having a "Happy Birthday, Chelsie" slash "Welcome home to Beijing, Theresa," soiree in this mysterious province. We would take an overnight train and stay for two days to ride camels in the dessert and horses in the grasslands... then we would return on an overnight train and high tail it back to work. I am hoping this plan becomes action. We would get back to Beijing and only have four days left before my mom gets here to vacation, Middle Kingdom style.

I will blog later about my new apartment, Romp N Roll center, city, life... For now I want to unpack a few things and try to get cozy. Here's to hoping the fifth move was the final one in China!

Mandarin lesson:
Nèiménggǔ 内蒙古 (Inner Mongolia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!