Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mature Content

**Disclaimer: This post may contain mature content!

So I went to my art class last night. I would not call it a class, actually. It was really just a drawing studio. It may have been the most relaxing and soothing thing that I have ever done. I felt so at peace with the world when the two hours was up. I left the apartment pretty early because I wanted to make sure I could find where I was going without much difficulty. I had received an email saying I could meet a representative from The Hutong (the place with the studio) at a nearby restaurant/hostel, Grandma's Kitchen.

I made it there about an hour early and I decided to get ahead and eat some dinner. I had pork chops with apples and macaroni and cheese. The mac-n-cheese was absolutely delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I decided I would walk around the Shique hutong for a few minutes before I called to have my guide bring me to the studio. The place was really unlike any of the other hutongs I have been in so far. It was very authentic China. The people were outside doing laundry and cooking and playing Mahjong. There were some kids playing in the alleyways and women chatting outside of their homes. Besides the fact that there was a subway stop and one western restaurant, the place seemed pretty much untouched by tourism and modernization. I walked back to Grandma's Kitchen before I got too lost and called for someone to come pick me up.
















I am really mad at myself for not taking pictures of the place. If you want to see what the venue looked like go to their website! The Hutong I promise I will take pictures the next time I go.

So my class started around 7:30. I got all set up with the help of another regular attendee. I grabbed some paper, an easel, and a board. I picked out my seat and made myself comfortable with a refreshing glass of plum juice. The music came on and the model came out. Remember, this is a "life drawing" class. I knew there was going to be a live model because it said so when I signed up. I also had a feeling about what that model would be doing exactly. My feelings were correct. She removed her robe and did a series of standing, sitting, and laying down poses. I now have about 10 drawings of a naked Chinese lady lying on my living room floor. I really have no clue what to do with them. I decided I actually did a good job on one so I hung it up above my bed.





























I am not sure how you all feel about me posting a picture of the female body on my blog? Note: Mature Content. Is it all making sense to you now?

The drawing class may have been the most relaxing thing I have ever done. It felt so nice to just drown myself in my paper with my pencil and charcoal. I felt so rejuvenated and de-stressed when I was finished. I definitely think this is something I could start doing on a regular basis. The Hutong also offers cooking classes, has a traditional Chinese medicine hospital, and a tea shop. The place was very cool. Be sure to look at them on their website.

Well I am going to force myself to clean a little bit, even though I have a cleaning lady coming tomorrow. I want to pick up before she gets here. I have let myself slip a little on keeping everything perfectly organized. The coffee table is kind of looking disastrous right now. I may even head out again today and find some things to do in my new home city!

Mandarin lesson:
(woman)

4 comments:

  1. proud of you, FF :) your pictures are stunning (really- art is about heart and yours has it) and what a cool thing to do. love the pictures and glad you posted them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....but I still think you should be the model next. they'd be really into drawing an American!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jess! I am pretty proud of my work, too. I did much better than I thought I would! Is it strange to have a naked torso hanging above my bed? I do not know what to do with my other drawings... I will roll them up for now and save them! I am thinking I will probably not be the model. Besides one man from China and one from Africa everyone else was Western. Most of the other people were from Europe and there were two other Americans besides myself. I do not think they need to see a naked American chick trying to model. And I am pretty sure I could not sit still for that long in front of a group of people without moving an inch! But thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;) it's not weird to have art you created above your bed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!