Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Misty eyed

No... I did not fall in love with The City of the Yellow Crane. I do not stay up at night thinking I could call Wuhan my home. I am not devastated that I will no longer have to squat over a hole in the ground and call that my toilet. But- I am a little misty eyed.

Why? You loathe Wuhan!

Well, because of this girl-
















I am so lucky to have met Candy. I am horribly sad that I will probably not see her again. I am trying to convince her to come visit me in Beijing, or even better, America! However, knowing how much money she makes I doubt she will be able to afford the trip. Candy is the one good thing I can always count on in Wuhan. She has been such a wonderful friend. I am sure I will be boo-hooing my eyes out on Wednesday when I have to say goodbye. I was almost boo-hooing my eyes out today just knowing that the time is coming so soon. Candy makes me think that Wuhan is really not so bad. Sue and Leslie- you two are lucky that you have such a wonderful assistant!

Four more days until I am back in Beijing.

PS- I finished reading The Help. Check out the discussion on my Book Club page. Also, I will be starting Room by Emma Donoghue on Wednesday (America's Tuesday night). I think it is going to be an awesome read.

Mandarin lesson:
mèimei 妹妹 (little sister) (cry) Wǒ xiǎngniàn nǐ. 我想念你。(I miss you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!