Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hot. Freaking Hot.

Unbearably hot.

That is the moral of my story from today.

Apparently it was 35 degrees today (aka 95 F) which is not all that horribly hot. The problem lies within the air conditioning that your building can handle. Romp N Roll has decided that air conditioning is just not a high priority so basically it was 35 C inside the gym... all... day... long... I was literally pouring and dripping sweat. I was teaching class and sweat was dripping from my forehead and drenched through my shirt. My face feels like it was burned but I was not even in the sun. Every time I would go downstairs for some relief from the sweltering main floor I was reminded that the managers have decided to turn off the AC in the office because it was leaking three days ago. Yes, they had a repair man come to fix it. No, it has not been turned back on since.

After work I went to the market where I knew I could count on it to be frigid considering the hanging carcasses and fish head chopping stations. I basked in the glory of wonderful AC and even bought a tub of chocolate ice cream. When I made it home I immediately turned on my AC to an icy 17 degrees and laid out on my bed with nothing but my undergarments on and a pint of ice cream in hand. It was glorious.

If you are curious about the very odd lunch that my boss tried to feed me yesterday then check it out on my new tumblr page! I don't think the photo does enough justice to just how grossed out I was at the thought of eating the legs of this croaking animal. I was very careful with my meal today... being certain to ask the most important question, "What is this?"

Other than the sweating... I had a relatively good day at work. My classes went very well. I am comfortable teaching each class offered at the Wuhan center now. I feel myself not worrying about what part comes next and more worried about how much fun everyone is having. I do still occasionally peak at the lesson plans during independent play time for a little reassurance that I am on the right track or to make sure my timing is okay. But for the most part I feel very confident about my teaching style. The kids are starting to remember me now. Many of them run up to me every time they come in to say hello or show me a new toy. I am starting to realize that I will miss a lot of their sweet faces when I leave Wuhan soon. Next week is pretty much my last work week here. I will only work one day the week after next and on that day there are no classes. The time really did go by very quickly and for that I am thankful and a small amount of sad. Even though I did not make much of a connection with this city, I have definitely made a connection with Candy, my assistant. She is so wonderfully nice and very helpful. I am grateful to have her guidance in this unfamiliar place. I don't think it will be easy leaving here knowing that means I will probably never see her again.

Even though I will miss my sweet Miss Candy, I am pretty certain that I will love the new center Theresa and I will be working at in Wangjing. She sent me photos of our apartment and I am so excited to see the place in person. It is gorgeous! And HUGE! We may need to have a full time house keeper to make sure the place stays clean. Here is a sneak preview of the beautiful apartment that awaits me in just 12 short days:


Pretty nice, right? I am sure I will love it there. Theresa has also told me a little about the center and the owners. Everything sounds really great. It will be nice to be a part of something new and to be able to do it with my new friend, T! She has also informed me that there is a Wal Mart within walking distance to our apartment. I am happy about that find!

Mandarin lesson:
Rèdiǎn 热点 (hot)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!