Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Friday, July 22, 2011

My genius plan to learn Chinese

We are creating an office word wall to help me learn some Chinese and to help the office girls learn English. Two of my colleagues saw Transformers 3 last night and all I have heard them talking about today is Bumble Bee.

The conversation goes something like this to my uneducated ears:

"Qiao zhou xi si duai ni han kou Bumble Bee chen li dao zi."

I asked why I keep hearing Bumble Bee being said in the office and Bella explained that they saw the movie last night and Vivian really likes Bumble Bee. She even learned an entire sentence to say to me, "I saw Transformers 3 last night." I love how my colleagues are learning English and I wish I could follow along with them and learn some Chinese.

In comes our Mandarin/English Office Word Wall and it already has its first word!



















We are going to add to our wall every day! I cannot wait to see the kinds of words we come up with!

No need for a Mandarin lesson right now. See above if needed! Bumble bee is pronounced - me fung.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!