Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chinese Cuisine

I tried to take a picture of everything I ate today! I actually ate some pretty good food. I have been proud of myself for being able to venture out and explore new food options.




















For breakfast I went to a street vendor and got a fried egg pancake with yummy sauce inside. It only cost 2 yuan which is basically 30 cents.
















We went to 7-11 for lunch again and I had rice with chicken, potatoes, veggies, and an egg tomato thing. Again, it was very yummy! I even spoke a word in Mandarin to the man when I ordered. I picked it out all by myself! I also got another delicious pastry with cream and raisins. I need to stop eating these things or I will never lose weight in China.






























For dinner, Ashley and I went to a rice noodle place down the street from my apartment. I got noodles with beef and mushrooms. It has been the best thing I've eaten since I got here. I will definitely be going back to that place before I move next week! Ashley had to teach me how to eat my noodles with chopsticks. But I eventually figured it out. The worst thing I ate today was this soupy gelatin crap that Ashley got and wanted me to try. It is apparently supposed to be good for women's skin. It was not good....

I went back to 7-11 after dinner to get a snack. I got a yummy China sucker.
















I learned a few more words today... I don't know the right spelling for this one so I will just do the pronunciation.

Mandarin lesson:
Shoe a bee (Sprite)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!