Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First flight alone

So the flight from Dulles wasn't bad. It went by pretty fast. It was actually only an hour long. I wish I could say the same for my next flight. I'm sure it will be pretty wretched. I can't even wrap my head around the 13 hour flight I am about take. It seems impossible. I will be in China in like 14 hours.

I am one of very few white faces that is getting on this flight. I already feel lost. The language barrier will be worse than I thought.

I paid $15 for a water, yogurt, and pretzel at some French shop. The yogurt was seven bucks... I say for that price it should have been heavenly. Instead it was more like dairy soup with bitter blueberries... I threw it away.

It's happening. Holy crap.

Mandarin lesson:
Wǒ xīwàng wǒ de xiāngzi zài dǐdá zhōngguó de tóngshí, wǒ. 我希望我的箱子抵達中國的同時,我。 (I hope my suitcases arrive in China at the same time as me.)

1 comment:

  1. Just spoke to Chelsie and she has arrived in China. She sounded GREAT! Chel.. we are anxiously awaiting your first China posting. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!