Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Time flies when you're havin' fun

I can't believe I have already been in China for two weeks. It actually feels like I just got here and like I have been here for years all at the same time. Even though I am not settled in my permanent apartment, I don't know my way around, I can't understand the language, and I basically feel like a fish out of water at all times China actually feels like home to me. I am not going to say that I am jumping for joy every day and I come home just happy as a clam... But something about being here just seems right. I am doing things I never thought I would do and I am enjoying (almost) every minute of it.

I had my medical exam yesterday. I actually let the lady take my blood and even though I was nervous and wanted to cry like a baby I sucked it up and let her suck out my blood. I have never been able to have my blood drawn at home. Never. Not even once. I am too chicken.

I eat vegetables with, like, every single meal. Real vegetables. This is something I never do at home. I still have to plug my nose and try not to let the green crap touch my tongue. But not in China.

I walk every where. I have blisters and cuts all on my feet. My legs are burning basically at all moments. I am beginning to take the stairs just because I want to.

My life is really changing. I know I say that a lot... but I am just in awe of how quickly it's happening. I hope the year goes by slowly. I want to take in every minute that I have here.

Mandarin lesson:
Wǎnān 晚安 (goodnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!