Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I surprise myself every day

I know I have said this a gazillion times, but, it is true... I am a totally different person in China. I got my blood drawn for my medical exam today. I did it. A needle in my arm. A blood sucking needle. It went into my arm. And drew out my blood. This is quite the accomplishment for me...

We also decided to go shopping at IKEA today. I got a mattress pad so I will be sleeping comfortably once I move back from Wuhan! So in like a month I will be sleeping on a relatively soft bed! I am pretty stoked about this. It was also funny watching the people's faces as T and I brought mattress pads onto the subway during rush hour... and then carried them home.

I ate only Western food today. I didn't plan it that way it just somehow happened. We ate waffles with fruit (which was called a fruit muffin on the menu... this was misleading) for breakfast, swedish meatballs and spaghetti for lunch, and KFC for dinner. All of today's food was delicious. Also, other than getting nervous during my blood withdraw, my stomach actually felt normal all day. This was a welcomed change.

I spent the entire day with Theresa and it was nice getting closer to my new roomie =) I know we are not living together yet but I do foresee us becoming very close soon! It is nice to make new friends... this is something I never feel like I have time for in the states. We made a list of things we want to do in China and of important words and phrases we need to memorize ASAP.

Some things we want to do (in no specific order)
  • Tiananmen Square
  • Forbidden City
  • Great Wall
  • Food Street
  • Summer Palace
  • Pearl Market
  • Liqun Duck
  • 798 Art District
  • Shanghai vacation
  • Olympic Park
  • Tianqiao Acrobatics Theatre
  • Temple of Heaven Park
  • Bookworm
  • Fragrant Hills Park
  • Beijing Zoo and Aquarium
  • Chairman Mao Mausoleum
I'm sure there was a lot more on our list... I just don't remember everything! I can't wait to start crossing off some of these things.

Some new words from today

Mandarin lesson:
Duìbùqǐ 对不起 (I'm sorry) Duōshǎo qián? 多少钱? (How much?)

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and your amazing journey. We knew that this was your destiny. Now you know what it feels like to have realized something that was always in you and just waiting to come out. A word of advice: don't bring a lot of money to the Pearl Market first time. Go in an stake the place out, make a list of what you want. You'll find a lot of jewelry and clothes there, and the pearl floor will overwhelm you. Learn a little about what makes a quality pearl when you go in. It's an amazing trip. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!