Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Looks like there will be another move happening soon

And this time I will be going to Wuhan. I know I said I wasn't going to Wuhan but I have decided to go for three weeks. Specifically, June 16 until July 6. A new employee will come to Beijing June 15 and be trained and then go to Wuhan to replace me. I would like to say I am looking forward to it but I am still a little worried about how I will get around with out my American friends there to help! I am excited to learn more Chinese while I am there, get more comfortable with the culture, and teach class on my own. Other than the fact that I will have a squat toilet, the apartment will be really nice. I am excited to see it and move in and be comfortable for a few weeks. I will update more about Wuhan later. To read more on Wuhan for yourself go to: Wuhan Time

Speaking of new apartments, here is my third:

























I actually really like my new apartment. It is definitely the best of the three. It actually has central air conditioning so you don't have to be under the unit to feel it. I also have a full length mirror again, a separate shower/toilet area, a big refrigerator (not that I have food), and a semi-comfortable bed. I am going to be staying alone in the apartment until I leave for Wuhan on June 8th. I am getting more used to being by myself and even though it is not my favorite thing it is kind of nice some times. I still live close to 7-11 so I am able to venture out a little. I also live right down the street from my office so that is really nice. I enjoyed walking to work this morning and not having to have someone babysit me. I unpacked a lot of my stuff last night just so I could feel a little more like I am in a home and less like I live in a hotel out of a suitcase.

You know I am a new person when this is my closet:




















I am in serious need of some shopping. Serious.

I got to run two events this weekend. I did one yesterday and one today. Both events had their ups and downs but I am happy to have had the experience. I at least feel a little better about song order and about the fact that I have most of the summer session songs memorized now. I think the best phrase to describe the two days is "lost in translation." No... I have never seen the movie. All I can say is that I feel like I did a lot of talking and pretty much no one knew what I was talking about. Eventually I gave up on talking and decided to just dance around like an idiot and smile at the cute babies! I feel good about the job I did and I think the kids had a lot of fun, too.

The internet here is sucking bad right now... Woohoo China!

Here are some things I learned today in preparation of Wuhan-

Mandarin lesson:
W.C. zi nar? (Bathroom where) Bu xi huan la (No food spicy) Wo yao chur... (I want eat...) Wo yao qu... (I want go...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!