Ingredients: Scorpions 蝎子, Blood Loaf 血液麵包, Noodles 麵條, Duck , Turtle , Larvae 幼蟲, Stinky Tofu 臭豆腐, Toad 蟾蜍, Rice 水稻
SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS PRODUCT MAY INCLUDE SLEEP DEPRIVATION, SQUAT TOILET USAGE, AND RAPID WEIGHT LOSS.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I have just about

made it through my first week of work in China. We only have a few more classes and then I get to start my first "weekend" here! What are my big plans for these two glorious days that I have off? Well... I think they include a lot of sleeping and eating and maybe some hanging out with new friends. I also have to pack all of my things back up because I am moving into my next apartment on Tuesday or Wednesday. I hope the compression bags aren't hard to re-roll. They sure were a pain in the butt the first time. I am only staying at my new apartment for three days and then moving again... Eventually I will end up in my permanent Beijing home. I think that will happen in the first weeks of June.

I have been busy training at work. Mostly what I do right now is help set up for classes and then I observe during class time. So far my favorite class is the babies class! But that is probably just because I am so in love with babies. I think I am really going to like my job it will just take some getting used to. It's always hard to be the new person when you go somewhere. I am looking forward to having a little bit of experience so that I will be able to contribute more. For right now I feel like there is really not much I can do around work. So I have been trying to memorize the Summer Session songs and get used to the lesson plans here. It will still be a couple of weeks before I am able to teach class. I didn't realize I was going to be doing so much observation before being able to jump in. I'm ok with that, especially because I do not know the songs yet, but I kind of can't wait to start teaching.

Mandarin lesson:
chee wow wow (7-11) -- i don't know the correct spelling obviously

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest in my story! I love hearing from readers!